Thursday, September 16, 2010

7 – It’s been a while

It’s been quite a while since I last wrote, so while I wait for my pictures to upload on this VERY slow Mexican internet I thought I’d start to type. I don’t have much news to write about. Things are becoming routine and I know what to expect from most cruises.

There are however still things that keep surprising me. Some are:
1. How crystal clear and blue the sea is in Mexico. As I’m sitting here I can see at least 5 shades of blue in the ocean in front of me. When snorkelling here, I can see so far underwater and the fish are so clear and tame. They swim right around me, no problems. To get lots of little fishes to come closer, just throw some bread or something into the water and they come a swimming.
2. How many more freckles I have, unfortunately no tan yet.
3. A little girl peed on my backdrop while I was photographing her a few cruises ago – very unexpected! She just wouldn’t smile so I got her mother to stand behind me so she’d at least look in my direction. Eventually she said “potty” and then it was too late. Housekeeping!
4. I got locked out of my room the other day. I had my key with me and it just wouldn’t work. One of the engineers was passing by and tried to help. He asked “this is your room?” – yes – “you are not drunk?” – no – it still wouldn’t open. So I called my roommate. Her key wouldn’t work either. We called housekeeping. They brought the master key. It didn’t work either. They called the joiner/locksmith guy. He gave the lock a bit of a knock and some oil and it worked! So much for the early night I was hoping for.
5. Again about the sea – I have seen it in so many different moods. There is one area we sail though on the way back from Cozumel where it is so calm. I have never seen the sea so beautiful in my life before. The one day it was completely flat, hardly a ripple in sight. The sky was blue and filled with big puffy white clouds. The sea reflected everything like a mirror. It was so beautiful, I wish I had a camera with me although it would probably not have looked nearly as good.
6. How different most of the guests actually are. I met a South African couple (guests) this cruise and could tell they weren’t American from less than a minute of watching them before I even said hello. They were so much friendlier, more relaxed and loving than most of the other guests. The accent gave it away 100% when I said hello : )
7. Last time we were in Cozumel, there were also two Royal Caribbean ships docked here. They were diverted due to storms. The Freedom of the Seas (used to be the biggest ship in the world) and the Oasis of the Seas (now the biggest ship in the world). The Oasis was HUGE! And here I thought my ship was quite big, we’ve got nothing on them. The ship has a central park, ice rink, climbing wall, and diving show pool. Crazy! Google it!
8. I have a twin on board – Angie, an American dancer. We’ve even got some of the crew confused. Without fail I get asked every cruise if I’m the dancer too. I’ve given up saying no. So I get lots of “wow, you really do everything!” comments. It’s nice to have people think I’m super woman.

So I never finished uploading all the pictures, the internet’s just too slow/busy and now I’ve been cut off but it’s time to be off and back to work anyway.
Until next time. xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home